KERIF sport is part of a family business. The name KERIF is made out of the first letters of our family’s names. Kobus, Edith, Riaan, Iaan and Francois. It was my parents’ idea to start the company some years ago. Kerif sport enables me live my passion- Sport. I have been in retail for twenty years and learnt a lot about myself and about life.
From a young age I was passionate about sport. I played rugby, cricket, squash, and tennis. I was an amateur wrestler and did show jumping. I ran long distances as well. I love sport and I love children and people. Sport is just the means. The people and children that you influence with your interaction is the real accomplishment. That is why we engage with our clients on a personal level and give daily support and constant feedback.
OUR MOTTO: FITNESS FOR LIFE – BY BEING ACTIVE YOU REFRESH YOUR MIND, BODY AND SOUL.
- Jacobus Adriaan Myburgh (Riaan) was born 09/07/1981 in Springs .
- From a young age I was in love with all sports.
- I excelled in amateur wrestling and rugby in my young days.
- I was a South African junior cricket umpire in high school.
- After school I studied and Tshwane University of Technology. I completed my diploma in general management in 2004.
- In 2008 I got married to Maryke Roothman and have two children
- I was in retail for 20 years. I gained all my technical sport skills while working at Sportsmans Warehouse as a Branch manager for 4 years.
- In 2018 and 2019 I ran Comrades and got my back to back medal in 2019. I also ran my first Two Oceans in 2019.
- I am currently doing my qualification as an Ultra-marathon coach through (NAASFP) North American Academy for Sport Fitness Professionals.
- I have Level one ASA accreditation as a coach
- I am currently a full time running, cricket and life coach.
- Some of my athletes have achieved very good results. Rose Jijana won The Heidelberg 21km half marathon. Mbulelo Speelman came first in the national cross country championships for Veterans and 4th overall. He also ran a 2 hour 34 in the Cape Town marathon.
- I also have athletes that are slower runners that improved immensely with my programmes. Every Athlete gets a personalised plan for their running style and pace.